"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: “While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” - Romans 5:8
As professed followers of Christ, if these words stated by Apostle Paul no longer shakes and stirs us to the core every time we hear them, I believe we have become cold, or lukewarm. This is the foundation of our faith in Jesus Christ. An old hymnal helps describe this love so amazing, so divine:
“But drops of grief can ne’er repay
The debt of love I owe;
Here Lord, I give myself away:
’Tis all that I can do.”
Our faith in Jesus Christ:
- Saves us from God’s wrath.
- Justifies and reconciles us to God through the death of his Son (though we were once God’s enemies)
- Makes peace (made whole) with God once again
- Gains us access to God’s grace, His covenant love
- Moves us to glory in our sufferings
May The Sycomore never grow cold, never become passive, and never find ordinary - this great salvation!